Saturday, December 22, 2007

Another Freakin' Meme from Boddie

So Boddie posted this open-ended meme that someone tagged "anyone" with, and she decided to tag "everyone at AW." I kind of like the whole libertarian attitude of "an open-ended meme tag" so if you feel yourself so moved, and you haven't already been tagged by Boddie by virtue of being on AW, go for it.

Don't expect me to be as funny as Boddie, though. Or as cynical. ;)

1. Wrapping or gift bags? I like mixing it up.

2. Real or artificial tree? Real. I grew up with real trees, and an artificial tree would just be something *else* we have to store 11 months out of the freakin' year.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the 2nd week of December, but we still don't have a tree this year. I'm thinking of starting a Christmas Eve tradition. :) I really don't like the stress of having a tree, worrying that the cats are going to: climb it, eat it, knock it over, set fire to it (don't ask, but I'm sure they could if they set their furry little minds to it!)


4. When do you take the tree down? I hate doing that, too, so as much as I hate having it up, it stays up too long. Third week in January or so.

5. Do you like eggnog? OMG, yes! Especially spiked.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A red Fender electric guitar that I never learned how to play. I'm sure there were more favorite toys that I just don't remember from when I was younger. I was very, very lucky and spoiled as a kid.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I'm not big on the holiday decorating and haven't gotten around to buying one.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Wow, I'm not sure. Dunno.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? In theory, real mail, but I still haven't sent mine out this year. :(

10. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About 2 weeks ago, my sister, sister-in-law and I all went out shopping. It was actually a lot of fun and the start of a new tradition for our family.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything ginger bread. And pumpkin pie. And all the gift foods we get. And Egg nog spiked with vanilla rum. Yeah 'tis the season--to get fat!

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White, and we just bought LED lights last year on sale at Sears after Christmas, so we have new lights this year! YAY!

14. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Either way. We're easy going.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Probably, but I like Amy's names better.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? ANGEL!! And yes, I've heard the joke...

18. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning, although we always opened them Christmas Eve as a child. Now, hubby and I open one present each Christmas Eve.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The traffic and the fact that people who don't drive 11 months out of the year are now on the road. That and feeling obligated to buy gifts for people you don't really like.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Not usually, although I've always wanted to.

21. What do you leave for Santa? We never do, because we don't have kids. When we have kids, we will leave cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. Although Santa may have to "know" to look in the microwave for it, otherwise, PanzerCat will bat it off the table and try to eat it. Maybe a note on the fireplace..."Dear Santa: Cookies and milk are in the fridge, help yourself, just stay away from Mom's beer!"

22. Least favorite holiday song? Christmas Shoes. I think that song was written for the soul purpose of making anyone with a heart cry.

23. Favorite ornament? All my Mischevious Kittens Hallmark Collection and our collection of Trek ornaments!

No comments: