Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Power of Prayer

While mindlessly surfing the Web tonight, I followed one link to another and arrived at:

http://www.rosemaryaltea.com/power/weekly_lesson.cfm

I'm interested in picking up her book, now. And I think I will begin taking her online course on a weekly basis. Because, you know, I need to add another site to my Internet addiction...

But, seriously, I'm even more interested in her suggestion to start a prayer book for those who need healing.

I don't think it's coincidence that I found this site. I'm a big believer in synchronicity and I'm working on a marketing project with iprayerworks, which is essentially the high-tech, web-interfaced version of what Ms. Altea suggests. For churches, Toby Dagenhart's software is absolutely brilliant (IMHO).

But for individuals I believe a pretty notebook will work well. I plan on starting my own. And yes, it has to be a pretty notebook-- or at least one that feels "important" to the user. I'm big on special notebooks and am well-known in the paintball community for carrying around my little Moleskine books. But my prayer book has to be feminine and flowery, to promote life and healing and make me happy. Yours can be whatever you feel it needs to be.

The first name in my prayer book will be Monty Doom, my close friend in paintball whose MS recently took a turn for the worse. He has a legion right below his brain stem. It resulted in vertigo and loss of vision. His vision is back now, but it must have been terrifying. Monty lives almost 3,000 miles away from me, but I pray for him everyday.

The next name will be Bob Juengle of Bear Claw Paintball who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

And Bea Youngs' father. Bea, I'm always, always praying for your dad.

Thank God those are the only names I can come up with right now who need as many positive thoughts as we can send them. I'm sure I'll think of more when I get my notebook. Of course, there are those people who I just want to bless everyday because they are an important part of my life and I want them to be happy.

Ms. Altea's explanation of why prayer works for healing makes a lot of sense, and falls in line with my own beliefs on the topic. It can't hurt, right?

No comments: